Zoltan Papp is an experienced General Counsel providing services from start-ups to large public companies. His experience includes 25 years as in-house counsel, including many years as general counsel to a public, global technology company.
Zoltan’s diverse background and experience enable him to provide counsel across the spectrum of global business issues and company development from formation, business plan creation, corporate governance, private placements, global corporate and securities law, venture capital, business development, financial and operational, litigation, mergers and acquisitions, IPOs, intellectual property, employment law, bankruptcy, and all types of commercial transactions.
Areas of Practice
Identifying private offering exemptions
Private placement memorandums
Registration rights agreements
Investor rights agreements
Prepare and file exemption notices
Assist with registration of public offerings
Equity and debt instruments, including preferred equity, bridge loans and convertible notes
Advice concerning structure, incentive plans
Software as a Service (SaaS) agreements
Patent and other IP licensing agreements
Distribution, OEM and VAR agreements
Purchase and Sale agreement
Financing agreements, including securitization
Commercial real estate transactions, including environmental law and regulatory compliance
Web page privacy policies and terms of service
Business entity formations – domestic to global, including strategic tax efficiency planning
Corporate governance model structuring
Stock purchase agreements
Shareholder, member, Board meeting prep and assistance
Joint Venture formation
Intra company agreements, such as royalty agreements, service agreements
Employee incentive agreements, including stock option plans
Sarbanes-Oxley compliance advice
Mergers & Acquisitions:
Advice on transaction structures and antitrust analysis
LOI and term sheets
Stock or Asset Purchase agreements
Litigation experience (domestic to global, including arbitrations):
Commercial breach of contract disputes
HIPAA/HITECH & Electronic Health Records
Stark Law, Fraud and Abuse, Anti-Kickback
Clinical Research and IRB’s
- Served as General Counsel of Tokyo Electron Limited, a publicly listed global company in the semiconductor sector, where Zoltan was responsible for all legal and intellectual property matters. He also formed the company’s venture capital entity and served as one of its officers.
- Served on the Board of Directors of Lifeproof, a smart phone protection company, from its inception to its successful sale to Otterbox.
- Serving as the outside General Counsel of Interpreta, a predictive health care analytics company that uses daily re-computation and interpretation of a person’s clinical and genomic data, including pharmacogenomics treatments, using actual DNA sequences.
- Represented clients on creditors committees in the Spansion and Qimonda North America Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases, and served on the liquidating trust committee for the Qimonda North America and Qimonda Richmond liquidating trust following their bankruptcy.
- Co-founder of Falkon Ventures, a venture capital fund that invests through the use of a mix of revenue-based financing and equity to minimize dilution and provide returns to investors during their investment.
- Co-founder of Javelin Investments, the first foreign company to have a license to conduct investment banking management activity in mainland China.
Texas, California, Michigan and Pennsylvania
Michigan State University College of Law (J.D. cum laude 1984)
University of Michigan (B.G.S. 1979)